Monday, December 2, 2019

Music Video Filming

     The class period before the break, I signed out a tripod, camera, and SD card. During the break, my group and I were scheduled to film our Music Video. Wednesday was the first day of the break. On Wednesday, I texted the group chat for the music video, asking if they were available to film. It took a while for me to get a response, but I understand why. One of my group members was leaving town, so he was getting ready to leave. My other group member was busy sleeping and woke up later in the day. Once they responded, it was clear they weren't going to be available to film on Wednesday. One of my group members was leaving for the break, and another member of mine was busy preparing for Thanksgiving with the family. I was actually looking forward to filming the music video. Unfortunately, it didn't happen on Wednesday because my groupmates were busy.
     On the day of Thanksgiving, none of us were available to film. This was for the simple reason, that we were all spending time with our families for Thanksgiving. Although we weren't able to film Thanksgiving, we all wished each other a Thanksgiving. Besides wishing each other a Thanksgiving, we all decided that the group member that was in town and I could start filming on Friday. On Friday morning, I texted my filming partner to ask if he was still available to film. After an hour he answered and said that he could film. So, I began to get ready and I started to head over his house. Once I arrived at his house, I picked him up and we headed over to Chic-Fil-A. We arrived at Chic-Fil-A, and grabbed everything we needed and headed inside the restaurant. Once we entered the restaurant we asked the manager, if it was allowed for us to film on their property. 
     After we asked the manager if it was cool to film on their property, we began to order some food. We needed to order food because we were going to need some of there bags with their logo as props for the video. Not only did we ask for food, but we asked for extra bags. Once we received our food we headed to the front of the restaurant to film the B-Roll shots needed for the video. Once we got all the shots we could, we headed back to my group mates' house. Once we arrived at his house, we started filming B-Roll shots of the church. In the song, Kanye mentions both Chic-Fil-A and a Church. This explains why we are filming at these locations. Now, we are going to begin editing our commercial. Once we start editing, we also have to go and film a couple last shots that need the whole group there. Once we get these shots, we will dump them onto the laptop, and add them in where they are needed. After we do this we will render the final product and turn in our Music Video for a grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied. After spending months and years putting together a film, comes a...